The New York City Council Health Committee is hosting an official public hearing to receive testimony from New Yorkers on universal, single-payer health care system in New York State.
There will be a press conference at NOON on the steps of City Hall preceding the hearing. All are welcome to attend and show support, even if not submitting testimony. Please RSVP in advance.
With the Democrats in majority in the state Senate, it's more important than ever for every voice to be heard in support of moving to universal, single-payer healthcare to make sure it is on the agenda in Albany.
Speak out for a health care system that puts patients over profits!
- Are you uninsured or underinsured?
- Have you ever delayed care because you couldn't afford your insurance copay or deductible?
- Have you struggled to access long-term care services for yourself or a family member?
- Are you a business owner struggling to provide health insurance for you and your employees?
- Have you ever stayed in a job just to keep your health insurance?
- Have you ever been denied necessary care by your insurance company?
- Have you ever had to file for bankruptcy because of medical debt?
- Are you a medical professional who is frustrated with the hassles and barriers to care that private health insurance companies create for your patients?
- Do you have to make difficult choices between paying your health care premium, prescription drugs, and other bills?
If you answered yes to any of the questions above or have another story to share about how the health care system affects you, please attend and testify at this hearing.
You can make sure your council member is a cosponsor of Resolution #470 by checking the list here, and contacting them to thank them or urge them to sign on to resolution 470 in advance of the hearing here.