In the face of the ongoing public health crisis, we must keep organizing for the healthcare we need.
A central piece of the Campaign for NY Health strategy to win healthcare for all is uplifting the voices and leadership of New Yorkers who have been hurt by the existing pay-or-die healthcare system. Please share your healthcare story, and we will followup with you about ways to be more involved in the fight for guaranteed universal healthcare.
- Did you or a loved get COVID? What happened?
- Has there been a time when you or a loved one needed healthcare but weren’t able to get it? Why? What happened?
- Are you a healthcare worker who has seen patients delay care due to cost or insurance barriers?
- Are you concerned about losing your union health benefits due to job loss or privatization?
- Have you lost a job that provided you or your family with insurance coverage?
Are you struggling with the high cost of medical bills or medical debt?
Thank you for being part of the movement to win healthcare for all.Share Your Story
Mary D Thorpe Thorpe wants to volunteer 2018-11-16 10:33:42 -0500
The Campaign for New York Health is seeking volunteer organizers to implement a critical piece of our movement building strategy: outreach.
Through one-on-one Outreach Canvassing throughout the state using the New York Health Access Survey, we are connecting with the non-activists in our communities, inviting them into the fight for universal health care, and we are documenting the ways that New Yorkers struggle with financial barriers to care.
Please sign up below to volunteer for Outreach Canvassing in your community and consider stepping up to be an Outreach Canvassing Team leader!
Outreach Canvassing materials can be found here: http://www.nyhcampaign.org/canvassing
Preparing for Outreach Canvassing: Check the Calendar for an upcoming training or review the following video trainings:
- Outreach Using the Health Access Survey Sept 14, 2017
- Base-Building and Canvassing: Learning from the Maine Health Care is a Human Right Campaign July, 17, 2017
Become a volunteer
Outreach Canvassing Team Leader Responsibilities:
- completes a Base Building and Canvassing Training in person or virtually.
- understands the role of the survey and canvassing to building a base of support for New York Health.
- schedules outreach canvassing day and identifies geographic turf for door to door canvassing
- works with the Regional Coordinator and the Campaign for NY Health to recruit canvassers to participate in canvassing days
- commits to preparing organizing materials for other volunteers (scripts, surveys, petitions, half sheet fliers)
- commits to submitting canvassing results to Campaign for NY Health
Do not hesitate to contact [email protected] with questions or ideas on how to use the Health Access Survey in your community.
Once you fill out this page, you will receive an email with materials and you will be taken to a page to register your Outreach Canvassing event. Thank you for stepping up!
Mary D Thorpe Thorpe posted about Volunteer on Facebook 2018-08-01 12:37:01 -0400I signed up to volunteer for the Campaign for New York Health to bring universal healthcare to NYS. Join me!We are at a critical point in the campaign for the NY Health Act – universal, guaranteed healthcare!Become a volunteer
Healthcare costs are hurting everyone as more and more people struggle to get the care they need. This pandemic is affecting people in many different ways. In the face of this crisis, we must keep organizing for the healthcare we need.
The NY Health Act is the only plan that will cover everyone and guarantee high quality coverage – including long-term care – at a price we can all afford. To learn more about the NY Health Act, visit nyhcampaign.org/learn
While the opposition is powerful, we have the people on our side. That's why we need you to pledge to build the movement in New York State at this critical time. We can do this!