Job Title: Upstate Health Justice Organizer (Temporary)
This position is full-time, remote with some in-person requirements (i.e. in Buffalo or Syracuse) through June 30. We are able to offer $3500/month plus reimbursement for costs agreed to in advance (phone, travel). Applications will also be considered for a part-time position in one of the target regions.
Job Description: The Campaign for New York Health (CNYH) is prioritizing story-based outreach and advocacy in our strategic campaign to build public support for universal, guaranteed healthcare in New York State.
We are looking for a full-time, temporary Organizer based in Western or Central NY who will be responsible for outreach, recruitment, and leadership development activities in coordination with the CNYH statewide campaign and regional hub organizations. Applications will also be considered for a part-time position in one of the target regions.
Duties will include:
- Work with regional campaign partners to meet outreach and recruitment goals
- Work with regional campaign partners to recruit a diverse base of impacted volunteers to participate in the CNYH Regional Hubs. Recruitment will involve but not be limited to: running and participating in canvasses, follow-up calls, one-on-ones with new sign-ups, organizing volunteers to participate in outreach activities.
- Identify volunteer leadership within upstate CNYH Regional Hubs through engaging in the campaign activities and volunteers in roles
- Collaborate with the statewide Campaign for NY Health and regional campaign partners to organize strategically relevant public actions, including but not limited to: rallies, protests, marches, direct action, and press conferences (both in-person and virtual). The organizer will also support regional organizations to participate in CNYH statewide mobilizations.
Desired skills and experience:
- Experience (staff or volunteer) organizing on social justice campaigns in New York
- Experience with remote organizing
- Experience/comfort with remote organizing tools (dialers, Slack, textbanking)
- Familiarity with CRMs or VAN
- Familiarity with Google Drive (including Docs, Sheets, Presentations, Forms)
- Ability to track and document interactions with supporters
- Experience using smart phone technology to document healthcare stories
- Experience with NationBuilder preferred but not necessary.
Send resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “Organizer Position” in the subject line. Applications accepted until the position is filled. First round of applications will be reviewed April 8. Campaign for New York Health is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified individuals are encouraged to apply without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, age, national origin, marital status, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other protected characteristic as established under law.
About the Campaign for New York Health:
The Campaign for New York Health is a statewide coalition dedicated to passing and implementing legislation for universal healthcare in New York State. We represent over 250 community and labor organizations made up of nurses, teachers, patients, doctors, union members, business leaders, faith and immigrant rights community, progressive political organizations, healthcare advocates and providers. Healthcare is a human right that should be accessible to all of us, not just those who can afford to pay.