Connie Tate commented on Share Your Healthcare Story 2022-01-17 14:28:06 -0500I’VE BEEN ILL WITH CHRONIC LYME DISEASE FOR OVER TEN YEARS AND HAVE SPENT ALMOST $150,000 ON THIS ILLNESS—OUT OF POCKET—DRAINING MY RETIREMENT NEST EGG IN THE PROCESS. I AM NOT ALONE. THERE ARE TENS OF THOUSANDS OF STORIES LIKE MINE IN THE LYME COMMUNITY. THIS IS NOT RIGHT! PASSING NY HEALTH WOULD HAVE PREVENTED THIS! I NOW LIVE ON DISABILITY AND A TINY PENSION. I GET BY BUT JUST BARELY. IT IS CRITICAL THAT WE PASS THE NY HEALTH ACT SO THAT OTHERS WON’T BE FORCED TO EMPTY THEIR BANK ACCOUNT IN PURSUIT OF HEALING AND RECOVERY!!!
In the face of the ongoing public health crisis, we must keep organizing for the healthcare we need.
A central piece of the Campaign for NY Health strategy to win healthcare for all is uplifting the voices and leadership of New Yorkers who have been hurt by the existing pay-or-die healthcare system. Please share your healthcare story, and we will followup with you about ways to be more involved in the fight for guaranteed universal healthcare.
- Did you or a loved get COVID? What happened?
- Has there been a time when you or a loved one needed healthcare but weren’t able to get it? Why? What happened?
- Are you a healthcare worker who has seen patients delay care due to cost or insurance barriers?
- Are you concerned about losing your union health benefits due to job loss or privatization?
- Have you lost a job that provided you or your family with insurance coverage?
Are you struggling with the high cost of medical bills or medical debt?
Thank you for being part of the movement to win healthcare for all.Share Your Story