Improved Medicare for All New York: Explaining the NY Health Act 2018
- NYS Assembly Member Dick Gottfried, 25-year sponsor of NYHA; Chair, Health Comm; head of Manhattan delegation; sponsor/supporter of NYS Prenatal Care Assistance Program, Child Health Plus, and Family Health Plus.
- NYS Senator James Sanders, Committees on Insurance, Labor, Civil Service, Commerce Economic Development & Small Business; father of MWBE laws while on NYC City Council; leads NY Senate’s new TF or MWBEs; U.S. Marine Corps veteran.
- Prof Martha Livingston, Vice Chair of Physicians for a National Health Plan, Metro Chapter (pnhp-nymetro.org & PNHP.org), Chair of Public Health Dept at SUNY Old Westbury for 25+ years.
- Ron Widelec, a co-founder of L.I. Activists, focused on organizing citizens to own their democracy, including running for elective office.
Polls put healthcare as our #1 issue, with 80% of Americans wanting “a great deal” of government effort toward solving it. So how much do you know about NY Health, also called “Improved Medicare for All New York”?
- Universal — covering every NY resident;
- Comprehensive — covering essential medical needs better than Medicare or any commercial insurance;
- Cost-effective — saving NYS 25% of the current cost;
- Value — providing all NYers better coverage, with 98% paying less than they currently pay.
If you have questions about the feasibility of both greater coverage and dramatic savings — or concerns about the single-payer approach — you will find this program both riveting and eye-opening.
The NY Assembly has passed NY Health overwhelmingly and repeatedly; the NY Senate needs one more supporter for a majority. Our panelists include the Assembly Member who fathered the bill, a Senator who supports it, a Public Health expert who has studied it 25+ years, and a LI activist who believes citizens should own our democracy. Come get your questions answered!
11:00 AM Documentary: Fix It
12:00–1:45 PM Q&A with panelists:
$11 per person for members and guests of the Harvard Club of Long Island & Cinema Arts Centre $16 per person for non-members.
Space is limited: pre-paid RSVPs are recommended.
Tickets may also be obtained January 21, at the door, on a space-available basis.
Visit us at www.harvardclubli.com or contact us at email@example.com
423 Park Ave
Huntington, NY 11743
Google map and directions